Professional Dance Training
Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance
As a FURTHER EDUCATION COLLEGE offering professional dance training the qualifications we offer are at the following levels;
- DDE (Diploma in Dance Education) – Level 4 equivalent to A2 level
- LEVEL 6 DIPLOMA IN PROFESSIONAL DANCE – Degree level that can be topped up to a BA(Hons)
- Major in Ballet, Jazz or Contemporary.
With the Dance students having all of this at their disposal over the 3 years at KS Dance, it is the best way for talented dance students to train and achieve a career in the Dance Industry – whilst at the same time gaining worthwhile qualifications. Our Students have a proven success rates in securing contracts with Professional Dance Companies after 3 years of training.
- Monthly in house assessment in major and minor dance genres
- Twice yearly moderation of chosen practical dance genres in studio by Trinity College
- Assessment of touring performance with Allegrodance Company by Trinity College
- Assessment of third year students within graduate performance at appointed theatre by Trinity College
IPS – INTEGRATED PROFESSIONAL STUDIES – in the following topics ie lectures and tests
- Nutrition and hydration
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Risk assessments for the Allgrodance Touring Company
- Budgeting for auditions and life as a dancer
- Tax, PAYE and being self employed
- Equity and agents
PROJECT WORK – to include
- Choreography and Production
- Costume design
- Set and lighting design
- Contextual projects
Professional Dance Training gives formal recognition to the skills, knowledge and understanding acquired by dance students in their training for employment as professional dancers through Trinity’s International Examinations Board. This Diploma in Dance has been recognised by the Department of Education and Employment as Level 6 within the National Qualifications framework. The Diploma is also available to dancers who are studying on the 3 Year Dancers Course or the Classical Dance Course at KS Dance.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate
- Talent and the potential for future employment in the performing arts
- The ability to benefit from intensive training
- Curiosity, intelligence, mental and physical capabilities required to complete the course
Students are assessed at the end of the ‘Autumn’ and ‘Summer Term’ in college and in ‘Spring Term’ through the school production and Allegrodance Touring Company.
Conversion of the Diploma to BA (Hons) Professional Practice
The Diploma is an APL route onto some MA programmes, including the MA Professional Practice at Middlesex University. However students may first wish to acquire a more academically oriented qualification at the same level.
Therefore students who have successfully completed their Diploma, can apply to Middlesex University to take the BA conversion course. The BA (Hons) Professional Practice (BAPP) has been created especially for students who have graduated from Trinity validated Providers. The course gives participants the opportunity to convert their diploma to a BA (Hons) while carrying on their professional activities. Taken over one year, participants will be required to compile a professional portfolio and undertake a practice-based project.
DDE IN BALLET/MODERN OR TAP
- The practical study and demonstration of Grade 1 – Intermediate
- Teaching assessment with Senior Examiner at chosen level
- Lifespan development examination
- Coaching in class planning and progression
- Practice teaching opportunities in KS Dance Junior programme
For more information please contact 01925 837 693 or email: email@example.com